If CHiP’s firmware update was interrupted or failed, CHiP might be stuck in “DFU mode”. In this mode, CHiP may appear completely dead (no lights) and will not charge using the SmartBed.
Please try the following steps to get your CHiP working again:
- Switch CHiP OFF (CHiP must be 'OFF' when charging directly)
- Plug in directly - using the provided cable - and charge CHiP for 30 minutes (connector is found on belly)
- After charging, disconnect the power cable and turn CHiP ON: Please note: it may look as though CHIP is still not powering on
- Close the app on your mobile device and switch Bluetooth ON/OFF in your device settings
- Restart the CHiP app and connect to your CHiP; you should see CHiP on your home-screen
- If it shows up as “CHiP DFU”, try restarting your device completely
Article is closed for comments.